Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I miss you, too - 6/10/2008

You have to think through how these kinds of statements will be perceived by everyone who reads them before you write, so to some of you here in OH who will read this, I'm not saying what your probably thinking I am saying.

Well, above my bed hangs my favorite frame and photo. Friends gave it to me two years ago as I was leaving them. A fuzzy digital picture in the middle is obscured by all the writing around it. A mosaic of handwriting, it reads "We will miss you!"

I miss you, too. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately and that I don't call that often. Truth is I have a job now and I've begun to hate my phone and talking to anyone on it. I don't have much desire to talk to you, but to be near you, I would like that.

I left for a job, I left to transform people into wholehearted followers of Jesus outside of Lexington, I left because I was hurt by a few things. The final reason, I didn't pay much attention to at the time, but I wanted to take Jesus with me and share him with others where I was moving to. I thought that would be easier than it has been (and I knew it'd be hard from the start anyway).

I've met wonderful people here, and seen God do some amazing things, but the energy you have there, the attitude, I've not been able to pass on here yet. Not sure why, maybe I never learned how to pass it on while I was there... maybe I just need to think harder because ideas are coming to mind right now as I type this. But sometimes I feel like people are missing the big picture. I think I know what it is, but I don't know how to get others to see it. I'm trying to create a revolution here, but not having much luck. It occurs to me sometimes maybe I just need to be more like Jesus, but there are times and situations like this where even that thought maybe the Enemy trying to frustrate me.

I work 4 10 hour days now. I'll try to come down soon. I've even discussed moving back down there with my accountability brothers here in OH for a reason or two. I don't know..., but I doubt the Enemy is happy with anything I've written. A lot of good discussion on this side of the OH river will be had after this is published, and that will make him very unhappy.

No comments: